Designed and tested in southern California, the Special is a “daily-driver” performance surf SUP. Your go-to board for surf in the 2′-6′ range. The Special also doubles as a nice cruiser for those looking for a smaller SUP than most standard boards on the market.
- Thin foils allowing the surfer to easily set the rail in bottom and top turns
- Perfect amount of rocker for maneuvering on the wave and getting into the pocket
- Soft diamond tail helps keep the board loose and playful with good water release
- Full outline, maintaining some width for a stable cruising platform
- Tool-less FCS II 5 fin box setup to allow for a variety of fin configurations such as thruster, quad, and twin options (board purchase includes 3 fins for thruster setup)
- Built with our exclusive Krypto-Flex Carbon Innegra layup. Utilizing an EPS core, epoxy resin, layers of Innegra, carbon strand (for strength, stiffness, weight reduction), and fiberglass layers. This construction yields a board that has the performance flex characteristics of polyester surfboards, with an incredible strength to weight ratio, courtesy of the Innegra cloth and epoxy resin
- Novice: up to 170lbs
- Intermediate: up to 200lbs
- Advanced: up to 250lbs
Carbon Innegra Krypto-Flex: Boardworks innovative high tech Carbon Innegra Krypto-Flex construction results in very light and extremely durable boards.
- Light density stringer-less EPS core, CAD designed shape, machine cut and hand finished
- Hand laminated with a unique woven blend of carbon strand and Innegra fiber (Graphite Masters XP202), carbon stringer tape, and fiberglass cloths – all bonded with high quality epoxy resin for a superior strength to weight ratio and flex characteristics similar to that of standard polyester boards with the added durability of Innegra
- 3 part automotive paint with matte and/ or gloss and polish finish or resin tint finish depending on board
- All components, fin boxes, finger-wells, leash and deck plugs are set in high-density foam blocks